- Converting Ga Rn License To Compact
- Georgia Nursing License Compact States
- Nursing License Compact State Map
Nurses will be able to work in Georgia on a multistate license as long as they maintain residency in the state that granted them the license. Having a multistate license will not mean automatic endorsement. Per the website, 'In order to receive a multistate license in the eNLC, a nurse must meet the home state's qualifications.
- Alabama State Nurses Association
- Georgia Coalition of Advanced Practice Registered Nurses
- South Carolina Nurses Association
- North Carolina Nurses Association
- Florida Nurses Association
- Pennsylvania State Nurses Association (PSNA)
- Ohio Nurses Association
- Texas Nurses Association
- Virginia Nurses Association
- Missouri Nurses Association
- American Nurse Today
- Teachers Retirement System of Georgia
Converting Ga Rn License To Compact
The Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) is an agreement that allows 'mutual recognition' of a nursing license between member states in the United States of America. Enacted into law by the participating states, member states allow a nurse that resides in and possesses a current nursing license in a state that is a member of the NLC to practice in any of the other member states without obtaining additional licensure in that state. It applies to both registered and practical nurses and is also referred to as a multi-state license.
While a nurse's license may be multi-state, permanent relocation to another Compact state requires obtaining licensure in the new state, as their residency has changed. Likewise, a license obtained in a Compact state that is not one's primary state of residence is not mutually recognized by the other NLC members.
On July 19, 2019, the state of New Jersey joined the Nurse Licensure Compact.New Jersey is the thirty-fourth member of the compact. The eNLC states are:
Three other states have active Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact bills( Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Massachusetts). Nursing groups in nine more states are actively lobbying to recruit legislators who are willing to sponsor and support, compact licensure bills. Please click the NCSBN link below for an updated eNLC map.
- ^ ab'Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)'. National Council of State Boards of Nursing. 2009-11-30. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
Georgia Nursing License Compact States
- FAQs about the Nursing Licensure Compact at the Texas Board of Nursing
-  National Council of State Boards of Nursing. 2009-03-07. Retrieved 2015-03-07