Abstract: Installation instructions for RAD Studio 2007
- These notes provide important information about installing the product, and it is recommended that you read this file in its entirety before starting an uninstall or an install procedure. This document uses the term 'the product' to describe RAD Studio 2007, or Delphi 2007 for Win32 (Update 3), or C++Builder 2007 (Update 3).
- For an updated version of these Installation Notes, see the CodeGear Developer Network (https://dn.codegear.com/article/36859).
- For additional information about installing the product, see:
- The Release Notes (README.htm), available on the installation DVD or on the CodeGear Developer Network at (https://dn.codegear.com/article/36858)
If you registered Delphi 2007 R2 or RAD Studio 2007 you do not need and will not be able to download this update. Download this file to an empty directory on your computer and run CodeGearRADStudio2007Setup.exe /upgrade. The installation notes say 'Delphi 2007 for Win32 (Update 3). Other than that, I am not sure how to find out what update I have since I can't find the release notes or other references to the version.
Minimum System Requirements
- The following Windows platforms are supported:
- Microsoft® Windows 2000 Professional or Windows 2000 Server (SP4 or higher and security updates are recommended)
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional (SP2)
- Microsoft Windows VistaTM
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (SP1)
- The latest service packs and security updates are recommended for all platforms
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1 or later
NOTE: Installing the English version of the product updates Internet Explorer with the English version of Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1. If you are running a localized operating system, run Windows Update to ensure that you get the proper localized version of Internet Explorer.
Prerequisites: The product requires a number of prerequisites including the Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 SDK, Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Redistributable Package, Microsoft Visual J#Version 2.0 Redistributable Package, Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8, Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0, and the Language Pack for MS .NET Framework SDK 2.0. The prerequisites are automatically installed on your system during the install process if they are not already present.NOTE: On Windows Vista, there will be no localized messages coming from the Microsoft .NET 2.0 SDK framework.
- Free space requirement: Approximately 3.5 GB of disk space is required for full product installation, and the installer requires 0.5 GB additional temporary space.
- Intel Pentium III/M 1.4GHz or Pentium IV 1.4 GHz minimum (Pentium III/M 1.4 GHz+ or Pentium IV 2GHz+ recommended).
- 512 MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
- DVD drive
- XGA (1024x768) or higher resolution monitor
- Mouse or other pointing device
- Color quality above 256 colors (32-bit or 16-bit is sufficient)
- The Together modeling functionality in the product requires the Java Runtime Environment. You can download the JRE from https://www.java.com.
General Installation Notes
The RAD Studio 2007 installation DVD contains C++Builder 2007 with Update 3 as well as Delphi 2007 for Win32 with Update 3. You can use the installation DVD to:
- Install products:
- Delphi 2007 for Win32, Update 3
- C++Builder 2007, Update 3
- RAD Studio (containing three personalities: Delphi for Win32, Delphi for .NET, and C++)
- Upgrade an installation of:
- Delphi 2007 for Win32 to Update 3
- C++Buildler 2007 to Update 3
On Windows VistaTM, must install as Administrator
For Windows Vista, you must run as Administrator or be on the Administrator list to install the product.
New installer, no bootstrap utility
Multiple users on one machine
The product can be installed by any licensed user with administrator privileges, and is immediately available to all licensed users of the same machine. It is also available to any licensed users you might add later.
Installer might require a reboot
You are prompted to reboot your system at the end of the installation if the installer updated to Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1, or if MDAC 2.8 was installed from the installer setup.
Installer requires additional temporary space
If the drive containing the folder specified in your TEMP environment variable is low on space, the Installer might halt with an error message noting the shortage. If this occurs, you'll need to assign your TEMP variable to a folder on a drive with more disk space, then rerun the installation. See Minimum System Requirements for exact specification.
Assemblies installed in the Global Assembly Cache (GAC)
Duplicate copies of assemblies installed in the GAC are provided in the <CommonFilesFolder>CodeGear SharedRAD StudioShared Assemblies5.0 directory. If C: is your Windows drive, the default <CommonFilesFolder> is C:Program FilesCommon Files.
Verifying Installation of Update 3 for Either Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007
To verify that your update has been installed, check the version number in the About box. The file timestamp is 11:03.
The only way to remove the update is to uninstall the product.
This update can be applied to all language editions.
See the README.htm file for additional information about the product.
Installing the Product Using the Installation DVD: RAD Studio 2007, Delphi 2007 for Win32 (Update 3) or C++Builder 2007 (Update 3)To install any product:
- Insert the installation DVD; this should auto-run the installer. If this does not happen, run Setup.exe from the install directory.
- When prompted, enter the serial number (license key) for the product.
- If you are prompted to select from Setup Personalities, select the product you want to install.
Upgrading Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 Using the Installation DVDIf you have the original release of Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 on your system, you can upgrade to the latest binaries by using the installation DVD. (See later section about electronic delivery for alternate media.) Setup.exe detects the earlier versions of Delphi 2007 or C++Builder on your system and uninstalls the previous version and then installs either Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder.
To upgrade Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 to Update 3 on a system that already contains Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007:
- Using the installation DVD, run installsetup.exe with the /upgrade switch. The /upgrade switch means that the installer displays fewer dialogs and installs the same edition of Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 that was previously on your system.
Upgrading to CodeGear RAD Studio from Delphi 2007 R2 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 R2
Installing Using Electronic Software Delivery
If the product is purchased using Electronic Software Delivery, you receive a Setup.exe file.
To install using Electronic Software Delivery:
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to start the installation.
- When prompted, enter your serial number (license key).
- All the required ZIP files are downloaded from the Internet and uncompressed.
You are asked to supply an archive location for the install ZIP files.
Note: Backing up the downloaded ZIP files is strongly encouraged so that in the future you can do a reinstall without downloading all the ZIP files again.
- The install proceeds automatically.
Upgrading Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 Using Electronic Software Delivery
If you have Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007 and you want to upgrade to Update 3 of either Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007:
- Select Start Programs CodeGear RAD Studio Check for updates.
- In the list of available updates, select Update 3.
- Your current Delphi 2007 for Win32 installation is uninstalled, and then the required files are downloaded and installed automatically.
Note: Due to the MSI registration and unregistration that take place, this upgradeprocess might take an hour or two hours. If you have problems with the download, you can restart the install by running setup.exe /upgrade, and the install attempts to start from where it ended.
Installing and Using Purchased Network LicensesIf you purchased Networked Licenses (managed by the Borland License Server or FLEXlm) for RAD Studio 2007, Delphi 2007 for Win32 or C++Builder 2007, you must follow these instructions to set up the install image or your users will be prompted for a serial number and be unable to install.
- Copy all the files from your media kit DVD to a writeable directory on your network.
- Copy the networked license .slip file (received in your order confirmation email) to the Install directory where Setup.exe is located.
- When your users run Setup.exe, the product detects the .slip file and installs the software. During installation, the .slip file is moved to the license folder in the installation directory.
Modifying the Installed Product
- After the product is installed, you can add optional products,and/or add/remove features. Choose either method to modify the installed product:
- Use the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs command, select the Modify button, and then choose the features that you want to add or remove.
- Choose Start menu Programs CodeGear RAD Studio Modify, Repair, Uninstall, select Modify, and then choose features to add or remove.
- See also Known Installation Issues.
To install another product:
If you have installed C++Builder 2007 or Delphi 2007 for Win32, and you want to install another product or update from RAD Studio, use the following steps:
- From the installation DVD, run Setup.exe from the install directory.
- In the Maintenance dialog, choose to Upgrade your current installation.
- Enter the new serial number (license key) for the additional product.
Installing Optional, Add-On Products
Rave Reports Borland Edition (BE)
Delphi Homicide Update
Rave Reports offers a powerful suite of Win32 components that simplify the task of creating professional reports. The final (Extras) screen of the installer includes a checkbox where you can select or deselect the option to run the Rave Reports installer. If you want to install Rave later, the install file is located in the Rave directory on the installation DVD or available for download from the Registered Users pages on http://www.codegear.com.
InterBase 2007 Developer Edition
InterBase 2007 Developer Edition provides all developers the best cross-platform database to build and test database applications for embedded and SME segments. Developers are free to choose the standard connectivity they want, and make use of a mature SQL92 compliant database for their applications. Database Performance monitoring allows the developer to streamline applications for optimal deployment.
Install InterBase by clicking the InterBase button on the DVD launcher or download it from the Registered Users pages on http://www.codegear.com. Your free InterBase Developer serial number is included on a sticker in your product box or in your order confirmation email (or in a PDF file if you purchased via electronic delivery).
InstallAware Express, CodeGear Edition
Your CodeGear Express Edition of InstallAware provides the industry-unique benefits of partial web deployment, 67% better compression, interactive Flash/HTML billboards, one-click runtime deployment, unlimited web updates, and one-click patching.Install InstallAware Express by clicking the InstallAware Express button on the DVD launcher or download it from Registered Users pages on http://www.codegear.com.
The Remote Debugger installer is available by clicking the Remote Debugger button on the DVD launcher or as a download from the Registered Users pages on http://www.codegear.com.
CodeGear Partner Software
Known Installation Issues
- Uninstalling Delphi 2007 when an earlier version of BDS or C++Builder is installed should not affect pre-existing installations.
- You cannot have a licensed product installed and then install a Trial version. The personality associated with the trial will not have the files installed.
- If you have a Trial installed and install a licensed product, your Trial will be uninstalled.
- You cannot install any previous Delphi 2007 or C++Builder version over an installation of the latest media. If you want to reinstall an older version on a system with C++Builder 2007, you must use the install from this DVD (Update 3).
- The Installer does not notify you if you have less than the required free space. If you try to install with too little space, the install hangs. See Minimum System Requirements for exact specification.
Uninstalling This Product
Delphi 2007 Update 32
To uninstall the product, the Administrator who initially installed the product must open the Control Panel, select Add or Remove Programs, select RAD Studio and click the Remove button. After uninstalling, in order to remove user-specific data from the Windows registry, all non-Administrator users of the product must log in and delete the following registry key:
WARNING: Registry editing is performed at your own risk. This document and other documentation that accompanies this product describe how to edit your Windows registry. In most cases, CodeGear recommends that you use the Microsoft Regedit tool to perform editing. Whatever tool you use, however, you should, before making any changes, make backups of your registry and thoroughly familiarize yourself with the editing tool and the registry editing process. The registry is a critical component of your operating system, and any mistakes you make while editing it can cause your machine to stop functioning.
- After uninstalling, user-specific data such as default project settings might remain in configuration files found in this directory:
Documents and Settings<username>Application DataBorlandBDS5.0
This folder should be manually removed.
Outlook 2007 Update
Please file a support case via the http://support.codegear.com website if you encounter any problems during installation.
Copyright (c) 2007 CodeGear.
All rights reserved.