Lost Mac DVD, how can I recover?
How to copy a dvd with Mac OS X 10.5.8 on a Macbook Pro 17? How to copy dvd?people often ask me the problem.I tell them that they can find a step here. Could i use the mac os x install dvd from my new macbook pro computer on my old macbook that has os x tiger?
Unfortunately I lost my OS X cd and for some reasons I need to reinstall the operating system.
- Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks Full OS Install - Reinstall / Recovery Upgrade Downgrade / Repair Utility Factory Reset Disk Drive Disc CD DVD 4.4 out of 5 stars 25 $15.98.
- In Disk Utility, you will notice a white pane on the left hand side. In the pane, select the Mac OS X Install DVD by clicking on it once. Click New Image on the Disk Utility toolbar. A dialog box will appear. Give the new image a name. I used 'Mac OS X Install DVD'. Select the destination where you wish to save it.
How to reinstall a Mac if I don't have the installation cd?
Here's how to create a USB or DVD Installer for OS X. Sometimes it's still best to have a local physical copy of the OS X Installer. Here you’ll find an app called “Install OS X 10.8. My iMac does not have a DL DVD writer, so here are The Steps: 1) download the ISO, 2) copy it on a USB external NTFS disk (after installing NTFS-3G on OS X 10.4.11 Tiger), 3) take it to a PC and burn the ISO (slooowwwly) onto a DL DVD -R, 4) take the DVD to the iMac, pop it into the DVD writer and restar holding the 'C' key pressed, 5) enter the OS X Leopard installation and choose to 'Upgrade' the system.
marked as duplicate by Daniel Beck♦, Sathyajith Bhat♦Feb 26 '11 at 17:01
This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.
You'll need to acquire a Mac OS X install DVD, I'm afraid. If anyone you know has a copy you could borrow it; alternatively a Snow Leopard install DVD is only £26 (Sterling) from Apple. Alternatively, I believe AppleCare will replace your system restore DVD, but there's a cost, and I don't know how large it is.
Be careful when using another Mac's system restore DVD, though - they often contain hardware-specific drivers. At the very least, make sure that the Mac you borrow the restore DVD from is at least as new as yours. Ideally, borrow from one with exactly the same model.ScottScott
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged macosmac or ask your own question.
Copy Os X 10 5 Install Dvd To Tv Free
So, you just downloaded nearly 4GB of Mac OS X 10.7 'Lion' install files from the Mac App store and are wondering if you can get this onto a DVD?
You can - and it's qute easy!
NOTE: Do this AFTER downloading Lion and BEFORE installation as the download may be deleted following install!
How To Update Mac Os X 10 5 8
- Open Finder and navigate to /Applications/Install Mac OS X Lion
- Right-click on the package and choose Show Package Contents
- Open the Contents folder
- Open SharedSupport and find InstallESD.dmg
- Right-click on InstallESD.dmg and paste (right-click and choose Paste Item) it to a convenient location (such as the Desktop)
- Fire up Disk Utility (/Applications/Utilities)
- Click Burn, select InstallESD.dmg from your convenient location and click Burn
- Find a recordable DVD disc and pop it in the optical drive (yes, you need an optical drive to do this) and click Burn
- Wait ... wait ... wait ...
- Job done!
Os X 10.5 System Requirements
Not only does this give you a backup of the download (so you won't have to download it again), but it also gives you a handy way to install Lion onto another Mac you own. (Legally Apple allows you five installs to machines with the same Apple ID.)